KICS Auto Scanning VS Code Extension
Find security vulnerabilities, compliance issues, and infrastructure misconfigurations early in the development cycle of your infrastructure-as-code with KICS by Checkmarx.
KICS stands for Keeping Infrastructure as Code Secure, it is open source and is a must-have for any cloud native project.
Support of other solutions and additional cloud providers are on the roadmap.
Setting up and using KICS is super-easy.
- First, see how to install and get KICS running.
- Then explore KICS output results format and quickly fix the issues detected.
Interested in more advanced stuff?
How it Works
What makes KICS really powerful and popular is its built-in extensibility. This extensibility is achieved by:
- Fully customizable and adjustable heuristics rules, called queries. These can be easily edited, extended and added.
- Robust but yet simple architecture, which allows quick addition of support for new Infrastructure as Code solutions.
KICS release process is quite simple. We have nightly builds that will pack and pre-release all changes merged into master. The nightly release will have a “nightly” prefix with the last commit hash code. We have binaries available for Windows, Linux and MacOS, as well as a Docker image in DockerHub
KICS is a true community project. It’s built as an open source from day one, and anyone can find his own way to contribute to the project. Check out how, within just minutes, you can start making a difference, by sharing your expertise with a community of thousands of security experts and software developers.
You’re welcome to join our monthly community meetings
Meet us at conferences
- AWS re:Invent 2021: AWS On Air (video)
- OWASP Bristol & Suffolk Chapter – Meetup (video)
- OWASP Canberra Chapter – Meetup
- InfoSec City – Singapore 2021
- DevSecOps Singapore 2021
- Blackhat Europe 2021
- HashiTalks IL 2021 (video)
- Yalla DevOps 2021 (video)
- Geektime Code 2021
- DevSecCon24 2021 (video)
- GISEC Global 2021
- Blackhat ASIA 2021 (video)
KICS public documentation has all the project aspects covered. Join the GitHub discussions or contact KICS core team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping Infrastructure as Code Secure!
© 2021 Checkmarx Ltd. All Rights Reserved.